Leeway Sudbury School provides the opportunity for students to design and implement their own educational program in a self-governing community of equals.
To establish and maintain a school that:
- is founded upon the principle that learning is best fostered by self-motivation, self-regulation, and self-criticism;
- provides a curriculum, determined by the interests of students, in which equal status shall be given to all pursuits;
- encourages members of the community to participate in teaching, learning, and other school activities so that the School may become an integral part of the community;
- allows the opportunities and responsibilities of governing the school to be shared among students, staff, and representatives of the community;
- maintains a flexible structure which, while being free to adhere to valid traditional forms, will also be free to create new ones.